Xanax Retard 1 mg
- Xanax has a calming effect, reduces anxiety, relaxes muscles and makes you drowsy.
- Feelings of anxiety and tension, including panic disorder or social phobia.
- You will be calmer within half an hour to one hour after taking it. This lasts 6 to 8 hours. A sustained-release tablet can last up to 24 hours.
- For anxiety, do not use for longer than a few weeks at a time. With social phobia or panic disorder you often have to use it for half a year or a year.
- If you use alprazolam daily, you may become dependent on it. It is then difficult to stop using. Are you using it for more than a few weeks at a time? Then don’t stop all at once. Reduce slowly in consultation with your doctor or pharmacist.
- You can get drowsy, sleepy or tired and your responsiveness diminishes. Do you use alprazolam every day? You are not allowed to drive. Do you use it occasionally? Then you may not drive for 3 days (72 hours) after each intake.
- Watch out with alcohol. This can still make you suffer.
- Other side effects: weak muscles, reduced coordination and memory problems. You can fall earlier.
Alprazolam belongs to the benzodiazepines . It is soothing, muscle relaxing and reduces anxiety.
Doctors prescribe it with feelings of anxiety and tense, panic disorder and social phobia .
In addition to the desired effect, this medicine can cause side effects.
The main side effects are the following.
Regularly , especially the first weeks of use
- Drowsiness, tiredness and, less often, sleepiness . This reduces your ability to react and concentrate, giving you a high risk of accidents. Accidents can occur, for example, in traffic, when climbing a ladder, operating devices or during monitoring and control activities. But you are also more likely to fall if you have to get out of bed at night to go to the toilet.
Rarely, especially the first few weeks of use
- Reduced coordination. Because of this you may be awkward in your movements and have difficulty speaking clearly (to articulate).
- Muscle weakness and powerless feeling in muscles . This side effect may cause the following other symptoms.
Blurred vision or double vision due to a temporary effect on the eye muscles.
Incontinence for urine or difficult to urinate. These side effects are caused by insufficient control of the bladder muscle.
Snoring due to sagging of the heel. Do you ever suffer during your sleep that your breath stops for a short time ( sleep apnea )? You can be more bothered by this medication. Contact your doctor if you notice.
Fall, mainly because this drug also reduces coordination. Especially the elderly and people with muscle diseases have a chance of this.
People with myasthenia gravis (a serious muscle disease) can suffer more from this disease. Consult your doctor if the symptoms worsen (such as general muscle weakness, double vision, collapsing eyelids, difficulty in swallowing, chewing or breathing).
- Slower thinking , memory problems, harder to concentrate, less alert and confusion. These symptoms may increase if you use this medicine for a longer period of time.
- Decrease feelings. This remedy not only smoothes out emotions such as fear and tension, but also positive ones such as joy and satisfaction. Your involvement with and empathy with others can also decrease.