Other uses include treatment of depression.
- Xanax is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines, and is available in several forms, including tablets, a liquid, disintegrating tablets, and extended-release tablets. So, xanax 2 mg bar.
- Xanax is made by Pfizer and was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1981. It’s also available as a generic drug.
- The liquid form of the drug, Alprazolam Intensol, is made by West-Ward Pharmaceuticals.
- Alprazolam orally disintegrating tablets, Niravam, are made by Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Xanax XR extended-release tablets are also made by Pfizer; other drug companies make generic alprazolam extended-release tablets, too.
2mg xanax Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Xanax:
- Hives. xanax xr 2mg
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. 2mg xanax bars
Common side effects of Xanax are:
- Impaired coordination
- Slurred speech
- Memory problems
Most side effects with Xanax happen when first starting the medication and these usually go away.
Still, you should talk to doctor about any side effects you have, particularly if they are severe or don’t go away. 2mg xanax bars
2mg xanax Dosage
The dose of Xanax you take will depend on which condition you have and your age, as well as which form of the medication you use.
Xanax should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
General guidelines for Xanax dosages: xanax xr 2mg
- Your doctor may prescribe taking Xanax two to four times a day.
- When you first start, your doctor may slowly increase your dose to avoid side effects.
- The dose may be lower if you’re elderly, debilitated, or have liver disease.
- When coming off of Xanax, your doctor may have you slowly reduce the dose before no longer taking it.
- Keep all forms of Xanax out of the reach of children.
- Store Xanax at room temperature and away from heat and moisture.
- Xanax tablets are available in strengths of 0.25 milligrams (mg), 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg.
- Take the tablets with liquid, such as a glass of water. You can take them with or without food.
- The tablets are scored and you can split them.
- Alprazolam Intensol liquid is available in a bottle with a calibrated dropper with markings for various doses.
- Mix the dose of the concentrated oral solution with liquid or semisolid food, such as water, juice, applesauce, or pudding.
- Discard an opened bottle within 90 days after opening.
- Niravam, alprazolam orally disintegrating tablets, comes in strengths of 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg, or 2 mg.
- Taking this medication with liquid is not necessary. You may take it with water if you prefer.
- Xanax XR, extended release tablets, come in strengths of 0.5 mg, 1 mg, 2 mg, or 3 mg.
- Take this once daily, usually in the morning with liquid (such as a glass of water).
- Swallow the tablet whole; do not chew, crush, or break it. Contact us